Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Why Hire a Dog Walker?

I have recently entered the world of dog walking. I started my business in January, called Impromptu Dog Walking, and I absolutely love it! My current clients are a joy to walk, and with a wedding coming up, I've enjoyed my daily walks as a relaxing, energetic, stress relieving exercise for both me and my furry friends.

So why should you hire a dog walker? (Other than to pay my bills.) Well lets first consider the obvious. Just like Americans, our dogs are overweight & don't get enough exercise. A daily walk could be just what they need! Imagine how much better you would feel if you walked an extra half-hour each day!

But more important than that, dogs are social animals. They thrive on companionship. Working five days a week means your poor little pup is alone for 8 hours a day! A simple visit provides a break in the day and some fun, personalized socialization. As well, I actually bring my dog, Elsa, with me upon request. She provides a great opportunity for my clients' dogs to socialize with another dog!

Your dog is a family member, so keep him happy and healthy with a dog walker!

Check out my website for more information on my service:
www.ImpromptuDogWalking.com

Or for a dog walker in your area, check out Pet Sitters International for their pet sitter locator:
http://www.petsit.com/owners/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm 12 and I'm starting a dog walking business thing. Do you have any tips for me? Thanks!

~Marta

Kim Palermo said...

Hi Marta,

Congratulations on your endeavor!

The best way to get started is to post signs at local businesses about your dog walking so that people can find out about you. Make sure you meet the dog first so that you both know each other when you go on your first walk. And most importantly, always have a poop bag and dog biscuits in your pockets!

The best of luck to you!

Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...